Friday, January 7, 2011

Taking a leap of faith

I knew i had to give my baby up, say what you might but i knew in my heart thats what i had to do. I was still in school, i didnt have a job (neither did Jon) But i knew thats what i had to do... Till i went to my first ultrasound and i fell in love. What was i gonna do now? Well, I figured that while i sat up on the fence id still get my adoption figured out just in case. I went to see my Social worker, whom might i add, I LOVED HER! Kathy made everything so clear, it made sense and she was soo supportive of Jon and I.

Now lets back up just a bit. When i was about 11 weeks into my pregnancy i went to visit some family. My aunt had a friend that adopted a baby boy and she wanted me to talk to her and ask her questions. After seeing how happy she (and her son) were i felt that i needed more information. She gave me a few websites, blogs and books to read/look at. One of thoes Blogs belonged to Kristen and Dave. At first i just looked and then didnt think anything of it till my mom called me to her office one day (arounf march i think?). She told me that she was looking at this blog and felt in her heart that she had to message them. My mom has always been a woman to trust her gut, but this time it would be a big risk, a huge jump, so i thought about it and said go for it. My mom then started to e-mail Kristen.

Now before all this went down Jon and I had a list of what we wanted in partents and so we started to ask questions that would give us the honest answer... and the e-mails went on and on.

During this time, even tho we were trying to figure out how this adoption thing would work i was trying to figure out how to keep my baby... but there was no way i could make it happen.. Maybe if i was older and going to graduate soon, but that wasnt the case. I wasnt ready to be a mom thats forsure.. so we kept up with the e-mails...

1 comment:

  1. Oh you guys! I love you are all doing this togehter and sharing your thoughts! Jon you are quite funny!

    Muggie is so blessed to have all 4 of you in her life!!!

    ReplyDelete